Steve brings more than 20 years of varied public accounting and corporate financial experience to BDO clients. His primary responsibilities include audits, reviews and compilations to companies in various industries such as government contracting, software development, biomedical, construction contracting, and hospitality.
Steve oversees multiple client engagements for companies ranging from emerging businesses to large middle market enterprises. He has performed a wide variety of engagements, including management consulting, accounting, regulatory consulting, and litigation support. Some of these services include:
• Design and implementation of policies and procedures
• Indirect rate development and optimization
• Revenue recognition
• Due diligence preparation and execution
• Fraud investigations
• Transaction support services including mergers and acquisitions
Prior to joining BDO, Steve was the Chief Financial Officer of a large real estate owner / operator / developer, primarily in the hospitality industry. As CFO, his responsibility included oversight of financial performance. He was also instrumental in raising $100 million capital. Prior to Steve’s CFO assignment, he was a Director at American Express Tax and Business Services (now RSM McGladrey) where he assisted in running the national practice for government contractors and technology companies.
• Bachelor of Science, Accounting; West Virginia University
Professional and Business Affiliations
• Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Small Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum
• MissionLink, Founding Member